Doctor insights on:
How Long Would It Take For Hair To Grow Back After Treatment For Psoriasis
Hair: Psorasis treatment should not remove or affect hair growth. ...Read more
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease involving the skin, nails, and occasionally the joints. It is not contagious. There are several types of skin lesions, most common variety being large red scaly itchy plaques on extensor surfaces such as elbows and knees. Psoriasis can be controlled by a wide variety of medications, but a cure has ...Read more
While I know that excimer lasers are used for psoriasis, are low level laser treatments done outpatient for hair loss effective for psoriasis?
Yes.: Radiation or chemotherapy drugs are toxic to cells that are rapidly dividing. This means they specifically target cancer cells, but they also kill healthy cells that grow quickly. This includes hair cells (causing baldness/alopecia) and stomach cells (causing nausea or mucositis). Once the chemo or radiation is stopped, the side effects go away and hair should grow back. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rogaine (minoxidil): Rogaine is a hair loss treatment that contains the active ingredient minoxidil. Minoxidil is fda-approved and the only ingredient proven to grow hair. Rogaine was first introduced in the 1980's to treat high blood pressure. While researching the effectiveness of rogaine, hair growth was discovered in patients. ...Read more
I have lost nearly all my body hair & most on head due to low t while taking methadone long term. Will the hair grow back with t treatment ?
During light therapy for psoriasis, how many minutes does each session take..How long will I be under the uv lamp each time?
That depends: The duration of treatment for ultraviolet phototherapy depends on several factors including your skin type (how light or dark you are), the type of ultraviolet unit being used, the age of the bulbs, etc. The actual dosage of light in millijoules is a more accurate measure than the time which varies from unit to unit. The dose is gradually increased as your skin acclimates to the uv light. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after chemo?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after radiation therapy?
- How long does it take for facial hair to grow back after depilitary?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for my hair to grow back after chemotherapy?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after waxing?
- How long hair grow back after chemotherapy?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back if pulled out?
- Talk to a dermatologist online