Doctor insights on:
How Long Will You Wear A Cast For A Fractured Knee
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Depends: This will depend on the type of fracture, degree of fracture, any open fracture or contaminated fracture and your general health and co-morbid conditons and medications. Bone usually heals in 4-6 weeks. It can be sooner or later. Discuss this with your surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
3 months: Typically fractures of any part of the body will take 2-3 months to heal. The bone will continue to remodel for up to 12-18 months. Cartilage injuries associated with fractures in the knee can take longer to heal if it is a contusion (6 months) or may not heal if the trauma was significant enough to cause cartilage cell death. In that case, posttraumatic arthritis may occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6-8 weeks: Generally bones heal in about 6-8 weeks. Various factors can affect the healing process, such as diabetes and smoking, both of which can increase the healing time. A fractured patella (knee cap) generally will heal in about 6-8 weeks (whether it undergoes surgery or not). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It will heal : A fractured knee is not specific enough to give an serious answer. Which part of the knee? How bad is the fracture? That being said. Fractures around the knee rarely have healing problems. The problems arise with how they heal. Most fractures around the knee involve the joint surface. Without treatment the surface may heal with a step or a gap in the articular cartilage and may lead to arthritis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will you need a cast for a broken thumb?
- How long will it take for a fractured knee to heal?
- Casts and talus fracture recovery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a cast stay on for fractured wrist?
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- Approximately how long will a broken humerus be in a cast for
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free