Doctor insights on:
How Long Will You Need A Cast For A Broken Thumb
Thumb surgery: Some times you would need a cast after thumb surgery. Some times a protective dressing would be adequate. Your surgeon would be the one that i would take advice from as he/she will know how much protection and for how long it will be required following your particular surgery. Good luck. ...Read more
Months: It can hurt for months. It is critical to make sure it is completely healed before resuming full activities. ...Read more
How long does it take thumb stiffness to go away after plaster cast and K wires removal . K wires were inserted through closed reduction for Benet frc
Quite a while: Ur thumb suffered 3 insults. U broke it thru a joint,had pins inserted & then it was in a cast & not able 2 move. So it takes a lot of hand therapy as well as a dedicated home exercise program. @ times a dynamic splint may B used . work hard the first month is the most important time 2 get motion back. ...Read more
Typically how long are u in cast after cmc athroplasty surgery for basal thumb arthitis? And what is recouperation like? Thank you
Out of cast after 4 weeks(long arm) muscles in forearm tight n painful n numbness in thumb normal post cast? I had epychondolitis n torn tendon
Can be expected --: Stiffness from being in a cast for 4 weeks. Numbness maybe from cast being too tight or the cotton padding may have bunched up causing a local neuritis, which should clear up in 2-3 weeks time. As you exercise the tight muscles should loosen up and get stronger, reducing the stiffness as well. Massage/stretching exercises would help the epicondylitis. The doc should advise re: the torn tendon! ...Read more
Out of cast after 4wks(long arm) forearm muscles tight n painful n numb thumb. Normal after casting? Have epychondolitis n partial tendon tear
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will you need painkillers for a broken hand?
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- Approximately how long will a broken humerus be in a cast for
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you need a cast for scaphoid fracture?
- How long will it take if you have a broken thumb?
- How long will you wear a cast for a fractured knee?
- How long will a broken foot be swollen after the cast comes off?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free