Doctor insights on:
How Long Will Surgery For A Broken Femur Usually Last
1-6 hours: Depends on the severity of the fracture and the experience of the surgeon. If it is a simple fracture the surgery itself can be less than an hour. However, in more complicated cases can take several hours to get everything right. Best is to discuss your specific case with your orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
Depends on age, bone: quality & any co morbidity the person has. If good non-osteoporotic bone & good hardware purchase & early weight bearing the fracture will heal the fastest. In the elderly with other medical problems @ poor bone quality, the time is quite longer. Everyone heals differently, so even to give you a range is not accurate without this knowledge. Picture is 1 of good bone & well fixated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Damage dependent: Not all fractured femurs are the same. A straightforward, minimally displaced femur fracture can be fixed (usually with a long intramedullary nail) in less than an hour. More complex femur fractures can take anywhere from 1-3 hours perhaps depending upon the location and complexity of the fracture pattern. Your orthopaedic surgeon should be able to give you a reasonable estimation. ...Read more
It's been 9months after my broken femur surgery. I can't walk without a walking aid. I think there's a problem, pls advice. ?
I had a broken femur in my right leg. Its been 2 yrs since the accident and the surgery. I wanted to engage sports again. Is it ok? Or too risky to
Knee surgery for broken femur + torn meniscus a couple years ago. Still in pt but in constant pain but i take ibuprofen daily. Why does it still hurt?
Depends on severity: A lot of variables come into play with this answer. Did you need surgery? If you needed surgery, did the surgeon have to use hardware to fix the fracture? Do you have osteoporosis? If the fracture is bad enough, it may take upwards of 6 months to heal and for the patient to be back to normal activities (this is including physical therapy). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a broken femur to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken femur to recover and be running again?
- How long will it take for a surgery to reset a broken collar bone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- How long will you need a cast for a broken thumb?
- How long will it take for a broken collar bone to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken wrist to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free