Doctor insights on:
How Long Will Prednisone Keep Working After You Stop Taking It
Can long term use of prednisone cause erectile dysfunction? How long does it take to correct after you stop taking it?
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
Finished taking prednisone yesterday morning and now having horrible anxiety all day and can't sleep .is this normal? and if so, how long till it stop
Effects of prednison: Can last but should stop in a day or two. If not you might have something else and need to call your doc ...Read more
Depends: There are many reasons to be on Prednisone, and some of them may require Prednisone for optimal control of your condition. The best way to coordinate an answer specific to you is to ask your ObGyn and the person prescribing your Prednisone to discuss the best time for you. Good luck!! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I have local swelling, how long will it take for prednisone to start working, if at all? Prescribed 60mg/daily for 12 days.
Depends on cause: and diagnosis. If your question is that you have been taking Prednisone 60 mg for 12 days and still have swelling, I would have your doc re-evaluate you. If you have not started, then at 60 mg Prednisone IF it is going to work at all - should work relatively quickly- 1-2 days. Note you should probably taper OFF Prednisone at that dose for that long. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does depo-provera stay in your system after you stop taking it?
- How long after i stop taking progesterone suppositories will my period return?
- How long after you stop taking antibiotics does birth control work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it be before you can walk after an ankle fracture?
- How long are antibiotics in your system after you stop taking them?
- How long do antibiotics stay in your system after you stop taking?
- How long does it take prednisone to start working?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free