Doctor insights on:
How Long Will My Back Hurt After Having A Spinal Tap Done
I had a spinal tap done 10 months ago to test for MS... is it normal to start having back pain in that area again after so long?
Up to several days: It can persist several days. Watch out for progressive pain, fever, weakness in your legs or incontinence as these may be signs of post-procedure bleeding or infection. Back pain is fairly common after a lumbar puncture 10-25 % and should resolve over the subsequent 3-7 days. If not you should be evaluated by a medical provider. ...Read more
I had a spinal tap done about two months + ago, and a blood patch 3 days later. I now have the worst back pain that is only getting worse every day?
Possibly: It depends. If the "spinal tap" was done to get spinal fluid to test it and the "tap" was traumatic or difficult with the needle hitting bone you may have pain for a number of weeks. The outer layer of bone is called periosteum and has many nerve endings and can take some time to heal. However, the pain should not be severe. If continues get a work-up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is not common: But it is possible, check with your doctor how did the spinal tap. ...Read more
My granddaughter had two attempts today for a spinal tap. Was unable to get fluid both times. Tonight is in a lot of back pain. Is this normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is your back sore after having spinal tap?
- How is a spinal tap procedure done?
- Can it be normal to have back pain 4 weeks after spinal tap?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Back pain after a spinal tap
- Lower back pain after spinal tap
- Severe back pain after spinal tap
- Spinal tap headache how long does it last
- Talk to a neurologist online