Doctor insights on:
How Long Will My Baby Have Baby Acne
1-3 months old: In my experience, all but the most mild cases of infant acne peak in the second month of life and then fade gradually over the following few weeks. I tell parents that it will probably get worse before it gets better. Happily, in some cases, both they and i are pleasantly suprised. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Baby acne is a rash of small red bumps or pustules on a baby's cheeks, nose, and forehead. It often develops within the first few weeks after birth, and gradually goes away with age. Baby acne may look worse when a baby is fussing or crying. Many young babies also have tiny white bumps on the nose, which are known as milia, and ...Read more
7 week infant has baby acne and dry skin on face. What can I do to help? How long does thr acnd usually last?
Patience: Baby acne is a common and temporary problem.It usually appears by age 2 weeks and disappears by 3 months. Keeping the skin clean is the major plan. If it persists after 3 months and or intensifies, some normal ace treatments can be beneficial, but the doc should look into unusual hormonal issues as a cause at that point. ...Read more
How long does it take for baby acne (if this is what it is) to resolve? And if it doesn't, when should we see the pediatrician?
Patience: The baby acne is a common event that reflects hormones transferred during the pregnancy. While the baby is floating in moisture, the skin is will not respond, but within weeks of birth they break out for many weeks before the hormone levels begin to drop ; the acne disappears. Keeping the skin clean ; avoiding irritating soaps helps. Occasional use of a 1/2% hc once daily can calm some lesions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will my period last after having a baby?
- How long after having my baby will i bleed?
- How can i know if my baby will have birth defects or deformities?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How will having a pulmonary embolism affect my baby?
- How long after having my baby can i consider getting pregnant again?
- How long before an std can affect my chances of having a baby?
- How long will i be in the hospital after my baby is born?
- Talk to a dermatologist online