Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take To Recover From A Broken Hip
The hip joint is a ball and socket joint where your femur meets the pelvis. Most hip fractures occur with falls in the elderly or motor vehicle accidents. The most common would be fractures of the top part of the femur bone and the femoral neck or intertroch region. Less common fractures are socket or acetabular fractures. Avulsion of muscle ...Read more
Variable: Depends on where it is..But the none will heal in 10-12 weeks but functionally you will be in rehab and gaining strength for over a year... ...Read more
Depends on age, bone: quality & any co morbidity the person has. If good non-osteoporotic bone & good hardware purchase & early weight bearing the fracture will heal the fastest. In the elderly with other medical problems @ poor bone quality, the time is quite longer. Everyone heals differently, so even to give you a range is not accurate without this knowledge. Picture is 1 of good bone & well fixated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
3 months: Ambulation is started immediately post op with limited weight bearing initially at first. Hopefully by 3 months walking is fairly good although an assistive device may still be needed. ...Read more
Absolutely: When treated quickly and correctly, many hip fractures will heal to their pre-injury status. Of course, the time to heal is quite variable and depends on many factors. A full year may be required to get to the final level of function, but many patients gain full function in 3-6 mos. Work hard and follow the advice of your surgeon and your therapist to give yourself the best chance. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken tibia typically?
- How long does it typically take to recover from a hip flexor strain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take adult to recover from a tonsillectomy and an adenoidectomy?
- How long will it take to recover from broken collar bone surgery?
- How long will it take to heal a broken hip?
- How long will it take to recover from surgery for a chiari malformation?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free