Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take To Heal A Broken Hip
The hip joint is a ball and socket joint where your femur meets the pelvis. Most hip fractures occur with falls in the elderly or motor vehicle accidents. The most common would be fractures of the top part of the femur bone and the femoral neck or intertroch region. Less common fractures are socket or acetabular fractures. Avulsion of muscle ...Read more
3 months: Ambulation is started immediately post op with limited weight bearing initially at first. Hopefully by 3 months walking is fairly good although an assistive device may still be needed. ...Read more
Variable: Depends on where it is..But the none will heal in 10-12 weeks but functionally you will be in rehab and gaining strength for over a year... ...Read more
Next Day: There are typically 4 types of orthopedic implants for hip fractures. 1. Cannulated screws 2. Sliding hip screw 3. Cephalomedullary nail and 4. Partial or total hip replacement implants. With all implants some sort of weight bearing is allowed immediately. It is the reason we fix most hip fractures, to prevent complications associated with bedrest. I let all patients bear weight as pain allows. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a broken hip to heal?
- How long does it take for broken leg to heal?
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long it takes for a broken hand to heal for sports?
- How long will a broken bone take to heal?
- How long it takes for a broken elbow to heal?
- How long will it take to heal a broken arm?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free