Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take To Heal A Broken Arm
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
Can not tell: Healing the fracture requires formation of new bone to unite the pieces. It depends on the method of fixation, the blood supply, and your vitamin d levels. Doctors can check with xray to see the callus formation which shows on xray and is an indication of the new bone formation. ...Read more
variable: Some of this will depend on what bone is broken, how bad the break, whether it required surgery or not, and how long it took to heal. But may take anywhere from 3mo to 1 year. Also depends on whether you do or do not do any form of therapy. ...Read more
That depends on : The injury/ injuries, any other complicating factors ; the surgical procedures that need to be performed. There is no one size fits all answer for this question. ...Read more
2 to 3 months: Usually after the fx has healed and the arm properly reha, that is you have ragain your strenght and mobility back.Depanding upon where the fx is localized and fx characteristic could be nbeyween two and three months. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- How long will it take to heal a broken leg?
- How long will it take for a broken femur to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take a broken elbow to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken wrist to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken foot to heal?
- How long will it take a broken finger to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free