Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take To Get Rid Of A Lice Infestation With Rubbing Alcohol
Unlikely to help: Once the lice sense water or a toxic material they can hibernate without breathing for 18 hours. Unless you use prescription benzyl alcohol,a special alcohol designed for this use, you are unlikely to succeed. Daily washing with a stout pickling vinegar will loosen the eggs, and may kill some lice, but you may need to invest in a Rx or OTC product. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Body lice (pediculus humanus corporis) are similar to head lice. These are tiny parasitic insects live on the clothes and can often be seen at the seams. They feed on the blood of the host, and can spread certain infections. Generally these are found in the homeless or those who are ...Read more
Vinegar may help: Vinegar has been cited as a natural rx for head lice when applied to dry hair & massaged through it daily for a week. It does loosen the nits (egg casings) which should be combed out to prevent re-infection. Pickling vinegar or apple cider vinegar may work a bit faster than regular & you can always fall back on the otc products if this fails. ...Read more
Body lice: You can usually get rid of body lice by cleaning yourself and any personal belongings that may be contaminated. Wash infested bedding, clothing and towels with hot, soapy water — at least 130 f (54 c) — and dry them at high heat for at least 20 minutes. Items that can't be washed may be sealed in a plastic bag for two weeks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take to end a lice infestation with rubbing alcohol?
- How long does it take to get rid of lice?
- How to get rid of razor rash with rubbing alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Rubbing alcohol kills lice
- Does rubbing alcohol help get rid of acne?
- Does rubbing alcohol get rid of razor bumps?
- Can rubbing alcohol get rid of acne?
- Talk to a pediatrician online