Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take To Complete My Bowel Prep
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Soon: The time can be as short as 30 minutes. ...Read more
Instuctions to follo: The bowel prep medicine(drinking solution) comes with Instructions which you should read carefully and try to follow.. You can start he medication like you have planned. It doe snot have to be timed perfectly, yet it takes 6-8 hours to clean up the bowel. Good luck. ...Read more
Is there a difference what kind of bowel prep is done for a colonoscopy as long as the end result is the same?
Yes for best results: Best results are obtained by swallowing the capsule after good bowel prep. It has minute digital camera , which takes pictures when passing through the small bowel, well prepared gut will give best accurate pictures of pathology ( diseased area ) than unprepared bowel. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
depends on why: If you are having a bowel prep for a procedure, like colonoscopy, and the prep is not done or effective, you may be sent home if there is too much stool to allow for thorough evaluation by the endoscopist. If it is for surgery, an inadequate bowel prep may increase the risk of infection after colon surgery. In any case, it is to your advantage to make sure the prep is done correctly. ...Read more
Can i take magnesium citrate ontop of my miralax for bowel prep? 1 gallon of miralax is too much, can i only drink half a gallon?
Drank all bowel prep (Miralax and Gatorade) for colonoscopy, 1 hour later nausea and vomiting. What can I do/take for it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for my black eye to heal?
- How long will it take my spleen to recover from having mono?
- How long will it take for my gingivitis to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for my paper cut to heal?
- I have tendonitis in my right ankle how long will it take to heal
- How long will it take for my eyebrows to grow back after chemo?
- How long will it take my thyroid replacement medicine to work?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online