Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take For My Hand To Heal From Surgery
Depends: It varies, based on complexity of the repair, number of tendons corrected, and your general health. Your finger/hand may be immobilized for several weeks, and perhaps a few months before all recovery and rehabilitation is complete.Your surgeon will outline this in detail at your pre op visit. Good luck. ...Read more
It depends...: In my practice, i allow patients to return to routine activities of daily living the same day of surgery. I encourage typing and light gripping immediately. The bandage is removed after a week, at which time the incision could be washed normally and dressed with a bandaid (avoiding submersion for total of 3 weeks). Load bearing and heavy gripping (manual labor) is resumed usually after 4 weeks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Time to heal after carpal tunnel surgery? I had surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome two weeks ago. I understand it can take months to heal completely, but how long should it take for me to see improvement? My hand is still pretty swollen and stiff and i st
Hello, I need surgery on both wrists because of severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. How long will it take after surgery before I can use my hand again?
Varies: If your carpal tunnel is severe I would bet you cannot use your hands now...... Recovery varies, but fine motor is pretty good right away progressing to full strength after a few weeks. ...Read more
Depends: The recovery from anesthesia can be anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on what medications are used, how long your surgery is, your age and other medical conditions you may have. Effects from local anesthesia (numbing medicine placed at your surgical site) usually last for 4-24 hours. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Roughly 1mm/day: Peripheral nerves, if cut of severely bruised/crushed, can regrow/regenerate but the rate depends greatly on the age of the patient and the presence of other medical problems. Young, healthy patients typically regenerate ~1mm/day but there is a lot of variability. A lot also depends on the severity of the injury itself. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for my sprained thumb to heal?
- How long will it take for my paper cut to heal?
- How long does it take for a broken hand to heal with surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take to recover from surgery for a chiari malformation?
- Will smoking affect how long it takes for my ankle fracture to heal
- How long will it take for a fractured hand to heal?
- How long will it take for my gums to heal?
- How long will it take for my eye to recover from cataract surgery?