Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take For A Trimalleolar Fractured Ankle To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Depends: It depends on the injury area and how it is treated. General would be 6-8 weeks. ...Read more
It takes 6-8 weeks: For bone to heal.Get a more detailed answer ›
6-12 weeks or more: Generally, bones heal in about 6-8 weeks. Depending on the severity of your ankle fracture (did it involve the fibula and the tibia or just the fibula?), and depending on the need for surgery, you may have a fair amount of swelling in the ankle, which could preclude wearing heals for much longer than 6-8 weeks. Swelling can take up to a year to improve, and may never fully resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Casting: Most fractures will require some sort of casting. This may be in the form of a rigid cast or boot. If you know you have a fracture you should be seen by an orthopedist for treatment. If not treated appropriately you could end up with more problems down the road. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ankle fracture: Not for at least 4-5 months.Get a more detailed answer ›
Immobilization: Immobilization is key to holding the ankle joint in the proper position. Whether you had surgery or not for the ankle injury, this can be done during the healing process with casting or bracing. Long term, you would want to continue additional support items and during the rehabilitation with physical therapy strengthen the surrounding musculature. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken ankle is also known as Ankle fracture. Ankle fracture describe a break or fracture of any of the bones of the ankle. This can be caused by falls, trauma, or twisting of the ankle. Patients with ankle fractures experience pain and swelling of the foot, and have difficulty bearing any weight ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a growth plate fracture in the ankle to heal?
- How long will it take for a fractured knee to heal?
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a hip avulsion fracture and a hip strain to heal?
- How long will it take for a hairline fracture in a toe to heal?
- Will smoking affect how long it takes for my ankle fracture to heal
- How long will it take for a fractured hand to heal?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free