Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take For A Small Sebaceous Cyst Take To Go Away On Its Own
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
What makes a 10 year old sebaceous cyst form a head and pop and how long does it take to heal? How should I care for it during the healing process ?
It will regrow: Seabum is constantly produced from glands at the hair follicle when the outlet is clogged the sebum builds . It may or may not rupture but when it does you should see a doctor. Till then warm soaks keep it clean put on a bandage. If it heals you can be sure it will grow again because the sac that surrounds it is still there as is the cause. Real treatment removes the cyst and the sac ...Read more
No: So a sebaceous cyst can shrink or get infected and grow - but it is never really completely gone unless it is resected (removed) surgically. This is because the entire cyst shell and wall must be removed. The best person to do this is a surgeon or someone with lots of experience. See your local doctor or general or plastic surgeon for help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for jock itch to go away on its own?
- How long does it take for an external hemorrhoid to go away on its own?
- How long does sebaceous cysts take to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an ovarian cyst go away on its own?
- How long will it take for ovarian cyst to go away?
- How does hpv go away on its own?
- How long does it take for genital warts to go away on their own?
- Talk to a dermatologist online