Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take For A Small Sebaceous Cyst Take To Go Away On Its Own
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
No: So a sebaceous cyst can shrink or get infected and grow - but it is never really completely gone unless it is resected (removed) surgically. This is because the entire cyst shell and wall must be removed. The best person to do this is a surgeon or someone with lots of experience. See your local doctor or general or plastic surgeon for help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If I have an infected sebaceous cyst do I have to get it treated or will it go away with time? I don't think i can get it treated for a while.
Will need treatment: The cyst will not go away on its own and will occasionally flare up and cause you pain and discomfort, even if you are able to treat it successfully for the time being with antibiotics. It will be much better to cool it off with antibiotics and then have your plastic surgeon remove it entirely. The surgeon must remove the entire capsule with it to avoid a recurrence. Be well, dr. Fred. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was given a shot of cortisone in a sebaceous cyst on my face and it seemed to go away but now it's coming back is there anything I can do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for jock itch to go away on its own?
- How long does it take for an external hemorrhoid to go away on its own?
- How long will it take for the hair growing on arm with cast on to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for genital warts to go away on their own?
- How long will it take for ovarian cyst to go away?
- How long will it take for a hematoma to go away?
- How long does it take for a small hemorrhoid to go away?
- Talk to a dermatologist online