Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take For A Hip Hairline Fracture To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Hip fracture: Typically six weeks is necessary for any fracture to mend. There are extenuating circumstances however. Compression side fractures can generally be left alone and allowed to heal naturally. Fractures on the tension inside of the bone however commonly need internal fixation. See your orthopedic surgeon to know for sure. ...Read more
8 to 12 weeks: A standard fractured bone that is in place without major displacement takes 8 to 12 weeks to heal in a healthy person with proper immobilization. Smoking, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other chronic conditions can prolong or delay this healing. Premature mobilization or weight bearing on the extremity could also cause delayed or non healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Iihave a hairline fracture in my right wrist how long will it take to heal and well that effect my basketball ?
How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal if the fracture is on the tip of the big toe?
6 weeks: Approximately 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Varies: This depends on your age, smoking history, underlying medical problems, location and type of fracture and if it is truly a new fracture or an incidental finding on an x-ray that was done since you had pain or injured the area and whether this is a stable or unstable fracture and whether there are associated injuries to other structures. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a hip avulsion fracture and a hip strain to heal?
- How long will it take for a hairline fracture in a toe to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- How long will it take for a trimalleolar fractured ankle to heal?
- How long will it take for a growth plate fracture in the ankle to heal?
- How long does it typically take for a hairline fracture to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free