Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take For A Fractured Toe To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Patient dependent: In a perfect world, bones typically take 6-8 weeks to heal. However, improper immobilization, activity on the foot, complications in swelling and/or systemic medical conditions can cause delays in the healing process. Some disease that are known to delay bone healing include diabetes and osteoporosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4-6 weeks: 4-6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Stubbed/fractured?: If it is stubbed, then it'll probably be a contusion that will take a few days to subside. If there is bruising under the nail, there's a chance that you'll still see some residual bruising at that nail for up to a year, but the toe would be ok. However, if you fractured the toe, then it's a minimum of 6-8 weeks if you started treating the toe after it was injured. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a hairline fracture in a toe to heal?
- How long does it take for a toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a tibial plateau fracture to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a fractured foot?
- How long does it take a fractured ankle to heal?
- How long do fractured ribs take to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free