Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take A Moderate Wrist Sprain To Heal
Depends: Most strains in the wrist tend to improve and resolve over a 4-6 week period. A sprain (defined as a tear) in the wrist where a ligament has torn don't tend to do so well. Most ligament tears in and around the wrist result in some degree of permanent disability. Some can be improved with surgery, but many can not. ...Read more
Wrist sprain been 1 month hurts when i lift something heavy. Specialist took MRI said tore my dorsal capsule and small hole in tfcc. How long to heal?
See details: You deal with it by having the wrist evaluated, determining the cause of the pain and then treating that cause. ...Read more
Sprain: Just a week or 2 until pain improves. ...Read more
Splint: Hi are you sure you son has sprained the wrist. You may see an orthopedics, get an xray, make sure no fracture is there. Spint from orhtoglass can be made in a clinic, we always take measurements before making the splint. Valcro splint are available, may not be available for his age. ...Read more
Wrist sprain been 4 weeks pain with wieght specialist took MRI which suggested dorsal capsular sprain and 1-2mm perforation in tfcc. How long to recover?
A long time.: Dorsal ligament injuries, classified as wrist sprains, can take longer to stop hurting than many fractures. In my experience this is usually 6 weeks to 3 months. Occasionally longer if activity is not limited and the injured area is continually stressed. Immobilization is key to get the ligaments to heal by cast or full time bracing (removing only for hygiene). It can be frustrating ; painful! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken wrist to heal?
- How long will it take a sprained ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long will it take to heal a broken leg?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free