Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take A Fracture In The Foot To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
6 wks w/ proper care: Most fractures take approximately 6 weeks to heal assuming proper care. Foot fractures can lead to deformity and pain; be sure to get it properly evaluated and treated. See your doctor (family doctor, internist or orthopedic surgeon) for best results. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My foot has been put in a cast bc of an avulsion fracture. How long will it take to heal? I go to get and X-ray in two weeks.
I fractured my two of the long bones leading to my toes in my foot. Am i going to be able to take a 9 hour flight tomorrow?
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to heal a fractured foot?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take a stress fracture to heal in foot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long it takes for a fracture to heal?
- How long to heal a stress fracture on foot?
- How long will it take for a tibial plateau fracture to heal?
- How long does it take a fractured ankle to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free