Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take A Broken Finger To Heal
Fracture: Varies depending on severity of fracture, displacement, age of patient, smoking status, etc. In general, most fractures that are minimally displaced will heal in 6-8 wks. Most displaced fractures can take longer and may not heal at all. Surgery may be needed to approximate the ends of the bone if widely separated. ...Read more
Finger fracture: Can heal quickly but there are many structures in the hand that combine to give function. Adjacent joints may be slightly arthritiic and be inflamed, tendons and ligaments can be stiff or tight, skin can stay swollen, joints can be inflamed.Muscles can be weak from injury or disuse.Pain in some degree can be from even a slight subtle change in mechanics.Handtherapy can help at times. Times vary. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a broken finger to heal?
- How long will a broken finger take to heal?
- How long does it take a broken finger bone to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long will it take to heal after a broken femur?
- How long will it take for a broken hip to heal?
- How long it takes for a broken hand to heal for sports?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free