Doctor insights on:
How Long Will It Take A Broken Elbow To Heal
I agree, it depends: This depends on several factors, age (kids heal much more quickly than adults), whether the fracture is widely displaced - suggests greater disruption of blood supply, your underlying medical condition (health people heal more quickly), where the fracture is (which bone, what location) and how the fracture was treated - operatively or non-operatively. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Elbow fractures come in all shapes and sizes. Some need no treatment and you could use your elbow even before the bones heal. In other cases where the bones are displaced surgery may be needed. An x-ray and an examination by an orthopedic surgeon will help make the diagnosis to start the correct treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weeks to months: This can be a tough injury to recover from, mainly due to the work/time required to regain strength and range of motion. The key to recovery is range of motion - in most cases, you should begin range of motion at approximately 2 weeks, and subsequently progress to more aggressive rom as the bone heals. Typically a hinged elbow brace is used to protect the fracture while allowing range of motion. ...Read more
Depends: Witout knowing more about the fracture, long term consequences cannot be predicted. Some elbow fractures will heal and after rehab will have no long-rem problems. Others, especially those with significant joint damage cause loss of motion and possible post-traumatic arthrosis. You should did the fracture with your physician. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long it takes for a broken elbow to heal?
- How long will a broken elbow take to heal?
- How long does it take for elbow tendonitis to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take tennis elbow to heal?
- How long does a fractured elbow take to heal?
- How long does it take for a fractured elbow to heal?
- How long does it take a fractured elbow to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free