Doctor insights on:
How Long Will I Need To Rest After My Colonoscopy
How's liver disease found? Pain under right rib. US, CTscan, HIDA, colonoscopy, endoscopy all normal. Tbili 1.5, Dbili 0.2, rest normal. Is it liver?
No: Indirect bilirubin is a bit up but you probably have Gilbert's or mild hemolysis; your meds don't suggest drug cholestasis and I'd consider liver disease ruled out as the cause of your discomfort as long as the imaging folks can rule out biliary sludge. Some physicians believe that gallbladders can have abnormal movements and produce cramps, or you may never find the cause. ...Read more
IBS. Ate 5 Fig Newtons Friday for constipation. SOFT stool 3 x's today w/first bm being about pinkie size. Rest dime size. Colonoscopy Dec. 2013 ok?
OK: Not sure what the question. BM vary in size / shape / consistency and depend upon intake. ...Read more
Have low grade fever post cdiff for two weeks, rest neg., can inflammation of colon cause this fever? Colonoscopy in two weeks. No other sx/ +pi ibs.
Review with your doc: Even antibiotics can cause fever so it is important to review this with your doctor. Please let her know prior to showing up for colonoscopy as it is important to not be infectious and contagious to avoid spreading it during the colonoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anywhere: From 12-36 hours is normal to have a bm after colonosopy. Anything longer and you should call your endoscopist and discuss with them. Also will be dependent on how much you are eating after the procedure. ...Read more
Variable time: A colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same is called a bi-directional. There are variables that affect the amount of time such as skill of the operating physician, amount of fecal material and need for tissue samples. Generally the actual procedure takes 10 - 45 minutes. After the procedure it takes approximately 30 mins to 3 hours to recover from the sedating medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to know i need a colonoscopy?
- How long should i wait to go back to work after a colonoscopy?
- How long should i wait to donate plasma after having a colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bloated for how long after colonoscopy
- How long is pelvic rest after d&c?
- How long will i need physical therapy after a knee joint replacement?
- How long do i need to wait to conceive after a miscarriage?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free