Doctor insights on:
How Long Will I Need Physical Therapy After A Knee Joint Replacement
Up to 3 months: Everybody recovers differently after a total knee replacement. The amount of physical therapy is therefore, variable. A usual pt course is anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The more dedicated the patient is to his/her recovery, the more successful the end result of the surgery will be. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Extremely important: Physical therapy is crucial for full functional recovery after a total knee replacement. I believe that therapy should start as soon as possible, ideally the day after your surgery. Physical therapy should include soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, and strengthening exercises. Finding a skilled physical therapist is key to a complete recovery after receiving your new knee joint. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Having a custom knee for total knee joint replacement because of bone cement and nickel allergies. Customary to pay hospital in advance for prosthe?
No: Custom total knees are not generally performed, but rather custom cutting jigs are occasionally used to reduce the number of steps in the or. If you have a severe nickel allergy, most larger companies make a femoral component out of titanium (which is essentially nickel-free), rather than the traditional cobalt chrome alloys. The cost is about the same and would be covered by your insurance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have osteoporosis , male, 60 yrs.Old .No medical imsurance need to be operated for a knee joint replacement how much will it cost me?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after acl knee surgery do i need physical therapy?
- How long will i need physical therapy for after a gunshot wound?
- How much physical therapy is required after knee replacement surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is physical therapy necessary after a total knee replacement?
- How much time in physical therapy will i need after acl reconstruction?
- How long do i exercise to be pain free after a knee replacement?
- Knee replacement physical therapy exercises
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free