Doctor insights on:
How Long Will I Have To Wait Untill I Can Dance Again After Foot Fracture
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
It depends: Fractures usually need to be first immobilized with a splint, cast, or rigid walking boot depending on the location and type of the injury. If a closed reduction fails, displaced fractures usually require surgical management. Have you physician determine which course of treatment is best for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not necessarily: A fracture should heal in about the same time frame if it is the same type of fracture. There are a couple of factors that may delay healing. If the fracture is displaced or if there is much motion at the fracture line. This will greatly delay healing. Poor blood flow and other disease processes may slow the healing process as well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do i have to wait to smoke again after getting over acute bronchitis?
- How long after a miscarriage do you have to wait to try again?
- How long should i wait to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a disc bulges should i wait before i exercise again?
- How long should i wait after acl reconstruction surgery before i play again?
- Can i dance professionsally again after a hip arthroscopy of a hip labral tear?
- How long after having my baby can i consider getting pregnant again?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free