Doctor insights on:
How Long Will A Scratch On Eye Take To Heal
Rapidly: The most common event in a scratched eye is corneal abrasion - the loss of a portion of the corneal surface from trauma. These heal extremely rapidly usually within 1-2 days. Your ophthalmologist can assist with this, protecting your eye and providing means for the best comfort. ...Read more
Few days usually: It depends on the area of the abrasion and how deep it is. Usually the area will heal 50% every day so a small abrasion will heal fairly fast. Larger abrasions or complications such as infections, foreign body, dry eyes, filaments, etc will delay healing and may lead to more serious problems. ...Read more
Usually a day or two: The corneal epithelium heals very rapidly.Get a more detailed answer ›
How long does a severe black eye take to heal? My son was hit with a stick in the eye a month ago and still has a black eye.
Several weeks: He was probably not hit in the eye itself with a stick or things would be a lot worse. I assume he had a thorough eye examination. The black eye is caused by a bleeding around the eye, similar to a black and blue spot on the skin. It may take several weeks to clear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: Usually a couple of days. Can be longer if you get an infection, are diabetic, or have a corneal problem like dryness or dystrophy. ...Read more
Artificial tears: I am assuming you have a corneal abrasion and the eye wants to reflexively close. Artificial tears are best. Topical anesthetics taken over a long period of time can cause problems like an anesthetic corneal ulceration. Sometimes, dilating the pupil can reduce the uncomfortable effect of bright lights. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- How long will a broken finger take to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take to heal a broken leg?
- How long will it take for a fractured knee to heal?
- How long does a scratched cornea take to heal?
- How long does a fractured bone on the hand take to heal?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free