Doctor insights on:
How Long Will A Broken Patella Take To Fully Heal
Healing is different: Healing is different in petella , is sesmoid bone buried in a tendon , unlike normal bone heals by fibrosis which takes longer time , some need surgical removal of smaller fragment . Speak to your orthopedic surgeon, also possible you may have other associated injuries to the ligaments of knee ...Read more
For a broken patella, how long would an elderly patient be expected to be on pain killers? Patient has been on pain killers for a month now.
How long will a hairline fractured patella(knee cap) normally take to heal and what do I do to speed up the process?
6-8 weeks: A fracture usually takes 6-8 weeks to heal, but there are many factors that can slow this down. Smoking, use of certain medications and excessive motion can all slow down the process. Nothing you can eat or srink will speed the process, but quitting smoking, avoiding Ibuprofen or Naproxen and proper immobility will help maximize healing. ...Read more
Depends on what your: Orthopod advises, so check with him. Is it healed or is it recently broken? One loses the thigh muscles very quickly if knee joint is immobilized for any length of time, so you'll definitely need intensive pt to exercise the weakened muscles back to normal strength. It can 2-3 months. Good luck. ...Read more
Motion once healing: Once the patella is stable or healed enough to allow for active motion, your surgeon will want you to begin moving your knee and mobilizing the patella to alleviate the development of knee stiffness. You may be able to walk with the knee locked straight (in a brace), but your surgeon will be the one to make theis determination. ...Read more
Elder man had surgery for broken patella. Transferred to a care/rehab facility. What will they do for him, length of time, and purpose of stay?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to fully heal?
- How long does it take to fully recover from a broken wrist?
- How long does a tooth extraction take to fully heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long will it take to heal after a broken femur?
- How long will it take for a broken hip to heal?
- How long it takes for a broken hand to heal for sports?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free