Doctor insights on:
How Long Will A Broken Foot Be Swollen After The Cast Comes Off
Depends: Most broken bones take around 6 weeks to mend. Ususally, there is ligamentous damage in addition that can prolong healing. As a rule of thumb, it will take two days for every one day your foot is immobilized or in a cast. (6 wks in cast 12 after cast to recover). When your fractured foot looks the same color as your non fractured foot when you shower, then swelling is usually done :) dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Got my cast off after a broken foot a few days ago. How long before I can bare putting weight on it?
Question is unclear.: Are you saying that you broke your foot a few days ago and you removed the cast yourself? Any other interpretation begs the question as to why your doctor didn't explain all this to you at the time of cast removal. You need to give your doctor a call and find out his(her) post fracture instructions. ...Read more
Depends: If fracture is non displaced than it will take 3 weeks to start glueing together. When the bone is glueing together it will not move and thus the pain will go down. However if there is gapping or if the fracture is unstable it can take 2 months to start feeling better. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Around 6 weeks: Normal bone healing take around 6 weeks. This depends on many factors: alignment of fracture, age, health, type of fracture and treatment. There is not much you can do to speed up healing. There is a lot you can do to slow it down. Follow your doctor's directions. As long as you are feeling consistently better daily, then the fracture is probably healing. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
May vary: Healing rates depend on various factors. In general bone may take 4-8 weeks to heal. For fifth metatarsal base fracture the healing may be delayed due to a limited blood supply in that area. You may be placed in a cast initially and then be asked to wear a rigid walking boot for the remainder of the healing process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- Approximately how long will a broken humerus be in a cast for
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will i be off work after a hysterectomy?
- How long will i be swollen after a tummy tuck?
- How long will i be in the hospital after a blood and bone marrow transplant?
- How long will i be in the hospital after a radical lymph node dissection?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free