Doctor insights on:
How Long Until You Can Drive After A Hysterectomy
How long should I wait to drive after my total hysterectomy with removal of ovaries and bladder sling?
Hyst recovery: It takes 6 weeks to heal.Get a more detailed answer ›
2 weeks: A total laparoscopic hysterectomy done with the da vinci robot makes for a much easier recovery than a traditional hysterectomy. Usually patients can go home the same day or after an overnight hospital stay. Most can go back to work in 2 weeks unless they have a physically demanding job. No intercourse for 6-8 weeks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not long: You should begin walking right away, though you may not be able to walk as long as you did preoperatively. You can add light activities and gentle stretching as long as it doesn't cause pain or fatigue. Upper body exercises and biking are ok after a few weeks. Just don't do any abdominal exercises or heavy lifting for 6 weeks. Exercise is easier after a vaginal/robot/laparoscopy approach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends. : It depends on the type of hysterectomy that is performed. The less invasive the procedure the quicker the recovery. Nearly all hysterectomies can be performed using a minimally invasive technique. Recovery time varies from about one week to about six weeks. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long until i can drive again after endoscopy?
- How long do you wait to drive after a hysterectomy?
- How long after a colonoscopy can you drive?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after laparoscopy can you drive?
- How long until you can smoke after wisdom teeth?
- How long until you can workout after wisdom teeth?
- How long until you can smoke after wisdom teeth extraction?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free