Doctor insights on:
How Long Until Numbness Goes Away From Local
Depends upon cause: But, let's assume injury to peripheral nerve, and problem begins to heal. If solely the nerve coverings, myelin, has been impaired, the process improves over 4 weeks. If the axon inner portion is damaged, it could take months, as nerve function in this case matches fingernail growth, 0.1 mm daily. ...Read more
I had undergone maxillo-facial surgery a month ago. How long until the swelling and numbness go away?
I am a 28 year old female who went bowling with friends 5 days ago and now have upper thumb numbness. How long for it to go away?
My big toe is partially numb after my sesamoidectomy 3 weeks ago. Will the numbness go away? How long does this take?
Probably, months: Depending on what sesamoid was taken out, some nerves can get stretched or damaged. A stretched nerve will usually recover over a few months but improvement may continue for up to 18 months. A damaged nerve may recover, bit there may be some permanent numbness. Only time will tell and there is not much to do in the meantime. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several hours: Normally, numbness after wisdom teeth extractions goes away. In 2-6 hours. In rare cases, the nerves in the area may have been involved and compressed diuring the surgery in which case there may be some residual numbness that may linger for days or weeks. If you have this complication after extractions, see your treating dentist and he will carefully assess your condition and advise you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If treated by antibiotics how long until uti goes away
- How long does it take for side effects from clonidine to go away?
- How long until strep throat goes away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long until hemorrhoids go away?
- How long does it take for scabies to go away after permethrin cream?
- How long do spider bites take to go away?
- How long does it typically take for a sunburn to go away?
- How long until numbness goes away after wisdom teeth removal anesthesia?