Doctor insights on:
How Long Until Numbness Goes Away After Wisdom Teeth Removal Anesthesia
Numbness: If the numbness last longer than 3 hours post op (id does not go away) you need to return to the oral surgeon ASAP. Paresthesia may last 6 wks to 6 mos or be permanent. The sooner it is diagnosed the better the outcome and sometimes micro surgery is needed to reattach the two ends of the nerve if the nerve was severed. pinched/crushed nerves recover w/o surgery. ...Read more
I.v. sedation: The best course of action is to discuss the anesthesia plan with your anesthesia doctor prior to surgery. Wisdom tooth extraction can be done safely and pain free with I.V. Sedation, without the need for a breathing tube. General anesthesia for wisdom tooth extraction will require a breathing tube and because of this can be associated with additional risks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Varies: Depends on the severity of the wisdom tooth impaction. I often remove wisdom teeth in my clinic with nitrous oxide and the local anesthetic articaine. If they are partially or completely impacted, an oral surgeon may use IV sedation and local anesthetic. This is a good option because you are not conscious of the procedure but not all the way under like general anesthesia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does the numbness last after wisdom teeth removal?
- How long after having your wisdom teeth pulled can you go back to work?
- How long till i can brush my teeth after wisdom teeth removal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long until you can smoke after wisdom teeth?
- How long is the recovery time after wisdom teeth removal?
- How long until numbness goes away from local?
- How long after wisdom teeth removal can i drink alcohol?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free