Doctor insights on:
How Long To Wait Until You Take A Pregnancy Test
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
After missed period: It is generally better to do home test 4-5 days after a missed period. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions in the package carefully. The test may be positive sooner, but a negative test at an earlier date does not rule out pregnancy. You may get a blood test, as soon as one day after a missed period. ...Read more
Anytime you like: Home pregnancy tests are very accurate. They are the same tests used in a doctors office. They can detect a pregnancy 7-10 days after conception. The best time to take one is when you miss your period. If you doubt the result you can repeat it in 1-2 days. If you were pregnant the hormone level would rise enough for detection. ...Read more
4-5 days after : Missed period. It is better to wait 4-5 days after a missed period to do home test. Use first morning urine and folow the instructions in the kit carefully. Blood test may be positive sooner. See this site for early signs of pregnancy. http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-am-i-pregnant. ...Read more
Any time: Implantation occurs about 7 to 10 days after ovulation and a urine pregnancy test can be positive shortly after implantation. It is unlikely that you could know the precise time of implantation - so a good reference is to perform your pregnancy test at about the time your period should be due. If you are pregnant, the test will almost always be positive by then. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long to wait until taking a pregnancy test?
- How long can you wait to take a pregnancy test?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you got to wait to take a pregnancy test?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after intercourse?
- How long do you wait to take a pregnancy test after implantation?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test with irregular periods?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online