Doctor insights on:
How Long To Heal Hyphema
5-7 days critical: This is when re-bleeding can occur, do activity must be extremely limited. After that there could be a few more weeks before things seem healed. Severe injury could even require surgery. A cataract or glaucoma could develop even years later so it is important be be checked at least yearly after such an injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood in the eye is a condition in which a small blood vessel breaks open and bleeds near the surface of the white of the eye. It may occur without any injury and there is no pain or discharge. The blood will appear as a bright red patch on the white of the eye. Blood can also ...Read more
Been diagnosed with hyphema, i see like floaters...It is the blood? How long does it take to go away?
Vitreous hemorrhage: Hyphema (blood in the front of the eye) is usually from trauma that can cause the vitreous gel to pull on the retina and tear the retina or its blood vessels. Patients experience this as flashes floaters. You need a dilated retinal examination to detect this and receive treatment to prevent retinal detachment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for stomach ulcers to heal if treated?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long do pinched nerves take to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- How long should it take for a tick bite to heal?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free