Doctor insights on:
How Long To Fast Before Thyroid Blood Test
Unclear question: What is a "bac reading"? It may help if you spell out your concern. ...Read more
Will drinking water with added electrolytes(smart water) effect a blood test that's being done to check thyroid levels. Told to fast before test.
TSH: When a doctor orders a blood test to look at the thyroid and its function, they might order a tsh, which stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. You can also look at T3 (liothyronine) and T4 levels, which represent the serum amounts of the products produced by the thyroid and its general activity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: T4 and T3 (liothyronine) are two major thyroid hormones and can be measured accurately in blood. The levels will be low if you thyroid is functioning less than normal. See this site for more info. http://www.thyroid.org/wp-content/uploads/patients/brochures/FunctionTests_brochure.pdf ...Read more
Depends on type of: Tests. Usual thyroid function tests can be done on about 5 ml of blood. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long to fast before blood test?
- How long to fast before cholesterol blood test?
- Fast before thyroid blood test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do i fast before a blood test?
- How long do i need to fast for before a fasting blood test?
- How long do you need to fast before a blood test?
- Fast before thyroid tsh blood test
- Talk to a pathologist online for free