Doctor insights on:
How Long To Cure Strep Throat
@4-48 hrs: Infection should generally be gone in 24-498hrs if the medication works and there is no resistance.Mild symptoms may remain for several more days, but not contagious. ...Read more
Problems untreated: Strep throat is a bacterial infection. It can easily be diagnosed with a rapid test and treated with antibiotics. Untreated, the symptoms can last 4-7 days. The problem with not treating strep is that significant complications can arise, such as rheumatic heart disease, kidney disease, and neurological conditions referred to as pandas. Please seek medical care if you think you have strep throat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Streph Throat: Please see your physician for a streph throat test - if positive you will be treated with antibiotics. Rest, hydrate well with water & stay far, far away from cigarette smoke. You can keep mucosa moist with a humidifier. Add honey & a small amt. Of lemon juice to chamomile tea. Slippery elm bark lozenges are another option. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle severa >>. ...Read more
About 7 days: Usually lasts about a week.Get a more detailed answer ›
You should start: feeling better after 24 to 48 hours on an antibiotic. However, if you have a viral illness at the same time, the antibiotics will not help to cure that or make you feel better. If that's the case, you just need to wait. If you are still not feeling better, you should get back in touch with your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to cure strep throat?
- How long does azithromycin take to cure strep throat?
- How long does it take to recover from strep throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to get over strep throat?
- How long does it take for azithromycin to work for strep throat?
- How to cure strep throat at home?
- How long does antibiotic take to work for strep throat?
- Talk to a pediatrician online