Doctor insights on:
How Long To Cure Strep Throat
@4-48 hrs: Infection should generally be gone in 24-498hrs if the medication works and there is no resistance.Mild symptoms may remain for several more days, but not contagious. ...Read more
Streph Throat: Please see your physician for a streph throat test - if positive you will be treated with antibiotics. Rest, hydrate well with water & stay far, far away from cigarette smoke. You can keep mucosa moist with a humidifier. Add honey & a small amt. Of lemon juice to chamomile tea. Slippery elm bark lozenges are another option. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle severa >>. ...Read more
You should start: feeling better after 24 to 48 hours on an antibiotic. However, if you have a viral illness at the same time, the antibiotics will not help to cure that or make you feel better. If that's the case, you just need to wait. If you are still not feeling better, you should get back in touch with your doctor. ...Read more
Strep Throat: The incubation period for strep throat is usually about 3 days but is variable (2 to 5 days). You are contagious for at least 24 hours after starting antibiotics for strep throat. You will be contagious until you have been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours and for up to 3 weeks if you are not treated with antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to cure strep throat?
- How long does azithromycin take to cure strep throat?
- How to cure strep throat at home?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is strep throat contagious?
- How to cure strep throat without going to the doctor?
- How long do strep throat last?
- How long does strep throat last untreated?
- Talk to a pediatrician online