Doctor insights on:
How Long Taxotere Stay In Your System
I had 5 chemo treatments of taxotere 145 mg and 965 mg of cytoxan.
How long does it stay in your system?
Some: Taxoter: peripheral neuropathy. Cytoxan: hemorrhagic cystitis. Alos about 1% risk of secondary leukemias. Neulasta: no one knows. Generally speaking it depends on what are you treating and what are the alternatives. These two agents are crucial in the treatment of early breast cancer and are given before or after surgery as part of a regimen called ac-t. ...Read more
Short periods: Both of these drugs are metabolized over a short period of time. They are greater than 99% metabolized (removed) from the body within 5-7 days of administration. ...Read more
Taxotere: It may cause nausea, vomiting, hair loss, rash weakness, nail changes, joint pains, supression to bone marrow - anemia, decreased white blood cells, low platelet, numbness, tingling, infection etc. Read more here : http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a696031.Html. ...Read more
Yes but . .: There are no support groups for this one agent alone. There are many support groups for cancer treatment in general, usually disease specific like breast cancer, or ovarian cancer, etc. These can be found on line easily or you can contact gilda's club or the american cancer society for the internet access for help. ...Read more
Same class,diff drug: Both taxol (paclitaxel) and taxotere (docetaxol) are of the class of cytotoxic chemotherapy drugs known as taxanes. They are different chemicals with different pharmacokinetics and side effect profiles but tend to be used in the same disease areas. There is much debate as to whether one or the other is "better" or "more effective" in a certain disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do antibiotics stay in your system?
- How long does plan b stay in your system?
- How long does fluconazole stay in your system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does phentermine stay in your system?
- How long does nicotine stay in your body system?
- How long does klonopin stay in your system?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free