Doctor insights on:
How Long Soes It Take A Hairline Fracture To Heal
8 to 12 weeks: A standard fractured bone that is in place without major displacement takes 8 to 12 weeks to heal in a healthy person with proper immobilization. Smoking, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other chronic conditions can prolong or delay this healing. Premature mobilization or weight bearing on the extremity could also cause delayed or non healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal if the fracture is on the tip of the big toe?
6 weeks: Approximately 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- How long will it take for a hip hairline fracture to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it typically take for a hairline fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the ankle?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the wrist to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the wrist?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free