Doctor insights on:
How Long Should You Wait Toexercise After A Allergy Shot
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
Never: Most over-the counter allergy pills can cause some amount of sedation. Even "non-sedating antihistamines " such as Claritin or Allegra make some people drowsy. Since both alcohol and antihistamines can impair mental funtioning and reactions times, it is never advisable to mix these medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Up to you: Some people recognize that shots are the best way to treat their allergies, and know that the currently available medications don't work well for them - they want to start right away, such as a day or two after testing. Others want to try different medications, and might not decide to start the shots until they've been trying medications for a year or two and are frustrated that they don't work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Are they working?: You should see improvement with allergy injections a few months after reaching your maximal tolerated dose. If you're not better review the program with your allergist. Perhaps you should stop? After 4-5 years of successful once-monthly immunotherapy patients may try to stop. About half return in 6-8 weeks wishing to resume. 25% need to restart after 5-7 years. 25% never need another injection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Are allergy shots only 3-5 years? Then after that are you no longer allergic to things you were allergic to after shots done?
Not really: may be longer time might pic new things ...Read more
After my first allergy shot I had a bad reaction. How long will it take for the red blotches and swelling to go away? Dr. gave me steroids.
0.01 seconds? : They don't interact. Salud! (a toast to your good health!). ...Read more
Benadryl use: Benadryl effects typically last 6-8 hrs. However; some persons can be adversely effected for much longer. To be safe, don't drink within 24 hrs of using any sedating antihistamine. All antihistamines are potentially sedating, indivdual senstivities to side-effects vary greatly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should you wait after being sick before getting a flu shot?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a tubal ligation?
- How long should you wait to drink alcohol after taking allergy pills?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should you wait to get a piercing after being on accutane?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after you miss your period?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a colposcope with biopsy?
- How long should you wait to drink alcohol after a foot surgery?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free