Doctor insights on:
How Long Should You Take Steroid Nasal Spray For
As long as needed: Steroid nasal sprays do not cure your allergies, but prevent the allergic inflammation. Once the medicine is stopped, your symptoms will return if you are still in contact with your allergen. If you want a more permanent change in your allergies, you need to consider something like immunotherapy, or allergy shots. However, steroid nasal sprays can usually be taken safely for long periods of time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nasal steoids: 2 to 4 days to start. Give it a week to judge the effects. Use properly and consistantly. ...Read more
See answer: I am not sure what you are asking, but some people are allergic to nasal sprays that have steroid in them, and the medication itself can cause an irritation/allergy. However, post nasal drip and allergies (allergic rhinitis) affecting the nose can be well treated with rx corticosteroid nasal sprays used appropriately. Good luck. ...Read more
No: The dose is micrograms, even if absorbed won't cause side effects, just be careful to use it right, avoid contact with the nasal septum, direct it towards your ear when inserted in your nose, just an extra precaution, avoid using it if you have elevated eye pressure (high IOP) till cleared by eye doctor, ...Read more
Been prescribed steroid nasal spray for post nasal drip. Symptoms are very uncomfortable is there something different I can do? How important is it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should one take a steroid nasal spray?
- How long does it take steroid nasal spray to work?
- How long does a steroid nasal spray take to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should it take for a steroid injection to work?
- The long term side effects of steroid nasal sprays
- How long should i keep using rhinolast nasal spray?
- Steroid nasal sprays work
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free