Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Vaginal Tear Last
Few day: A few days to heal as long as nothing in vaginal until tear heals. ...Read more
Depends on the cause: Traumatic tears run the risk of infection which can prolong the healing process. Minor tears sustained during birth will heal spontaneously very quickly since the vagina has a strong blood supply (2-3 weeks). If it's been 1-2 weeks and you see no improvement, or you have pain or discharge or any odor, you should see your gynecologist. Due to the location, infections can occur commonly. ...Read more
It depends.: Most tears should heal within two to three weeks at the most. Topical Bacitracin (not neosporin) with a pad should be changed two to three times daily, and at least a daily bath or shower. It should heal without any problems but it might be sore for a few weeks to months so be careful with intercourse and bicycles, spin classes, etc. ...Read more
5-7 d rest: 5-7 days if you give the area rest and keep it clean. Of course size and depth and surrounding tissue health matters. ...Read more
Week or two perhaps: If the problem seems minor then refrain from any vaginal activity for two weeks. If the pain or bleeding is significant, or it does not get better then please have a doctor's visit. ...Read more
Bled while having sex and on/off spotting after having sex. if this is just a vaginal tear how long will it take to heal? if not, what is wrong?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should postpartum vaginal discharge last?
- How long does vaginal tear associated with delivery complications last?
- How long should vaginal infections last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- How long should swelling last after wisdom tooth extraction?
- How long does vaginal discharge associated with pregnancy last?
- How long should bruising last after having a blood test taken?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free