Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Vaginal Infections Last
No: Symptoms of vaginal infection are as diverse as the organisms that cause them. Syphilis, hpv, or gonorrhea may produce no symptoms at all. Others such as yeast or bacteria may produce a discharge, odor and itching or irritation. Pain is not commonly associated with vaginal infection but could be seen with herpes virus or if more localized with an abcess due to typical bacteria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Change in pH: Many things change the pH of the vagina. This change can inhibit or Prohibit the growth of your body's normal bacteria. Without this normal bacteria, yeast and/or bacterial overgrowths can occur and cause vaginitis. I like probiotics for maintenance, but see your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should postpartum vaginal discharge last?
- How long should vaginal tear last?
- How long should bacterial skin infection last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should pain last with a treated bladder infection?
- How long should wound infection last?
- How long should infection of the uterus last?
- How long should yeast infection last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free