Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Strabismus Last
Usually until treatd: Strabismus comes in many forms. Some crossing patterns are congenital and can dampen with age often during childhood. Other forms are latent or exhibit themselves during periods of higher fatigue such as late in the day or when sleepy. Many forms will persist until corrected by glasses (prism) or surgery. See your ophthalmologist for specific suggestions. ...Read more
Few weeks: The white part of your eyes may be red for several weeks, however your eyes should feel pretty good after only a few days. Check with your surgeon for specific activity restrictions after surgery. ...Read more
It may never cure: Strabismus can occasionally be improved by vision therapy, but more often requires multiple treatments, including glasses and even surgery. Even once the strabismus has improved, it can return years later, especially if the original treatment was begun at an older age, or did not completely treat it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- How long should swelling last after wisdom tooth extraction?
- How long should bruising last after having a blood test taken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a fat necrosis breast lump last before healed?
- How long should frostbite last?
- How long should testicular pain last after a sports accidental impact?
- How long should collapsed lung last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online