Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Pancolitis Last
Ulcerative pancolitis x12yrs.Last 3 annual scopes no dysplasia.Asymptomatoc on 400mg 5asa tid. What are odds of dysplasia?
Autoimmune Paleo: The best way to improve colitis is by stopping foods like grains, lentils, potatoes based items. Avoid nightshades (peppers, tomatoes, eggs) and milk protein. Healthy foods: fish, meats, vegetables, avocados, some saturated fat (butter, coconut oil), olive oil are very effective. Probonix probiotic, vitD3 10k IU/day. It takes 1-4 mo to see an improvement. The Paleo Solution by R Wolfe is helpful ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many options: There are many medications that can be used to treat severe ulcerative colitis. See a gastroenterologist who has a sequential plan of which drugs to try first, then progress to others if those are ineffective. There are many steps involved in the evaluation and treatment of this lifelong problem. Surgery is also an option, but is not without risk or side effects. ...Read more
See below: Pancolitis is just a description of colitis that is affecting the entire colon, & it can come from all types of colitis such as infectious colitis , crohn's colitis, or others. Ulcerative colitis is a specific form of colitis or colon inflammation diagnosed by colonoscpoy & biopsy & which might also cause a pancolitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should airsickness last?
- How long should farsightedness last?
- How long should candidiasis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should kernicterus last?
- How long should carsickness last?
- How long should chickenpox last?
- How long should fibromyalgia last?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free