Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Pancolitis Last
Ulcerative pancolitis x12yrs.Last 3 annual scopes no dysplasia.Asymptomatoc on 400mg 5asa tid. What are odds of dysplasia?
Depends on history: Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the colon. Treatment often includes 5-aminosalicylates, steroids, azathioprine, and other immunosuppressants, escalating to biologic agents targeting tnf. In refractory cases, colectomy may be necessary. Speed of response is somewhat individualized depending on severity of disease and response. See your gastroenterologist for specifics. ...Read more
Many options: There are many medications that can be used to treat severe ulcerative colitis. See a gastroenterologist who has a sequential plan of which drugs to try first, then progress to others if those are ineffective. There are many steps involved in the evaluation and treatment of this lifelong problem. Surgery is also an option, but is not without risk or side effects. ...Read more
See below: Pancolitis is just a description of colitis that is affecting the entire colon, & it can come from all types of colitis such as infectious colitis , crohn's colitis, or others. Ulcerative colitis is a specific form of colitis or colon inflammation diagnosed by colonoscpoy & biopsy & which might also cause a pancolitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- How long should swelling last after wisdom tooth extraction?
- How long should bruising last after having a blood test taken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a fat necrosis breast lump last before healed?
- How long should frostbite last?
- How long should testicular pain last after a sports accidental impact?
- How long should collapsed lung last?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free