Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Oxyuriasis Last
Pinworms=hand wash: For 'oxyuriasis' or pinworms is also called enterobiasis(caused by enterobius vermicularis). Treatment is a simple pill regimen written by a physician. Prevention includes: washing hands after using the bathroom and before preparing food. Wash bedding and underclothing frequently, especially those of any affected family members. ...Read more
I have a bad pinworm infection and the tablet I took doesn't seem to work so is there an alternative?
??doesn't work??: Pinworms are often treated with a worm toxin & it is often given in two doses a week apart to increase effectiveness. The symptoms of anal itching can outlast the death of the worm. As the worm lays eggs in your anal crack, the glue that holds them in place sets up a reaction that causes itching. You can have irritant rxn left after the worms are gone.Cortizone or coco butter can sometimes help. ...Read more
Anal itching: Itching in the anal area.Get a more detailed answer ›
Pinworms: There is a test called a tape test. Basically scotch tape- like paper is applied to the rectum in middle of night and sent to a lab to examine. This will confirm the infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- How long should swelling last after wisdom tooth extraction?
- How long should bruising last after having a blood test taken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a fat necrosis breast lump last before healed?
- How long should frostbite last?
- How long should testicular pain last after a sports accidental impact?
- How long should collapsed lung last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online