Doctor insights on:
How Long Should My Son Stay Out Of School After A Broken Elbow With Surgery
Depends: That would be up to your orthopedist. There are usually a day or so and usually less than a week of rest and elevation and use of ice and pain meds and then depending on the splinting and comfort, the child can return to scool with the proper accommodations. Being out more than a week would seem like a long time to me unless complicated fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
With a broken elbow, how long will it remain painful at the wrist when turning a key ignition or door knobs? Wrist hurts 3 weeks after elbow surgery.
Elbow surgery: The interosseous membrane can be injured with elbow trauma. This runs between the bones in the forearm (radius and ulna). This can lead to pain in the forearm with pronation/supination (palm up/palm down). X-rays performed of the wrist will ensure that the distal radial ulnar joint was not involved in your accident and be a separate reason your wrist still hurts. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My son had an x ray yesterday and has broken his elbow clearly seen on xray a piece of bone broken away from the funny bone part. Will it need surgery?
Needs surgery: It sounds like he had a supracondylar fracture of the elbow. This usually does require surgery. It is very important to get the fracture reduced. Important nerves run in that area and damage can happen to the forearm and hand it is not fixed correctly. He needs to see an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
See below: Depending on the surgery and your degree of health, as well as rehab, it should heal within 12 weeks. ...Read more
Yes, that can happen: I see 1-2 patients every couple of months, who have no need for any pain meds after surgery. After a fractured bone is fixed, the pain greatly reduces. So you are quite normal. Good luck ; happy holidays. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i keep my son out of school with impetigo?
- After hernia surgery how long should you stay out of work
- How long should my eyes stay dilated after a visit with an eye doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will i be out of work after a hernia surgery?
- How long should i wait after my bypass surgery before taking a long plane trip?
- How long should i be in the hospital after a repair of my ruptured aaa?
- How long to stay out of work after hernia surgery?
- Talk to a pediatrician online