Doctor insights on:
How Long Should It Take Prednisone To Start Taking Effect
Steroid taper: If you have tapered very slowly from being on steroids for years, it will take6 to 12 months to allow the adrenal glands to recover the normal cortisone production. The pituitary will take longer and it is very difficult to assess this recovery of gland function. Most doctors will add extra cortisone to your regime3n during times of stress ie surgery or infection, or you will be very sick. ...Read more
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
Prednisone swelled lower legs to painful size. How long should it take for swelling to subside once meds are stopped?
Prednisone: Should take about 10 days. Keep legs propped up. Minimize salt. ...Read more
Depends: Prednisone causes a focusing instability most prominent when the dosage is either increasing or decreasing. At steady state or if out of your system, it take generally two months to stabilize. If the blurred vision is from long term use with cataract formation, then the blur will remain until they are surgically removed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should antibiotics take to start working?
- How long is it safe to take prednisone for?
- How long before a positive change in diet starts to take effect?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after taking antibiotics should i take probiotics?
- How long can you take prednisone for asthma?
- How long to take prednisone for poison ivy?
- Cymbalta how long to take effect
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free