Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Wait To Tan After A Second Degree Burn
Second degree burns: Are defined by the presence of blisters, but can range from very shallow to very deep. In general, the best treatment (in my opinion) is to remove the blisters to prevent the possibility of a closed space infection. Wash with soap and water, pat dry and apply Bacitracin ointment and a dry dressing 2-3 times/day. If increasing pain, drainage or redness or if not healed in two weeks, see a doctor. ...Read more
After : The popped blisters are no longer raw and have healed ...Read more
Does the itch from hypertrophic scar caused by second degree burn ever go away? And what about the purple reddish color? If so, approx how long ?
Sometimes: It can take a year for the body to heal a second degree burn. The faster it heals the less likely a hypertrophic scar forms. If you have persistent vascular color and itching, additional scar treatment may help. Check in with your doctor to see what will help in your case. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How do I get rid of discoloration from a small second degree burn (curling iron) on my breast? How long will it take? Any recommended remedies?
My daughter got a second degree burn on a large portion of her hand from elbow to wrist. Its been two weeks and she still bandages it and uses Silverdene. How long will it take to heal?
Skin Burns: The time of blistering is one of the tools used to determine the degree of burns sustained. First and second degree burns may result in blistered skin; however, it is characteristic of second degree burns to blister immediately, whereas first degree burns can have blisters after a couple of days. Blisters can also form on the hands and feet as a result of tissue damage incurred by frostbite. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to tan after a chemical peel?
- How long should i wait to lift weights after eating?
- How long should i wait to work out after delivering a baby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i wait to have sec after a tubal?
- How long should i wait to test after implantation bleeding?
- How long should i wait to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
- How long should i wait after therapy before getting pregnant?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free