Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Wait To Start Working Out After Back Surgery
As soon as : As soon as she is comfortable and there are manuals and websites available to review information for post op patients as well as for patients with back problems who may not need surgery or choose not to have surgery. One should ask their surgeon but the level of pain postop is good guidance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ask your surgeon as: Factors including age, health, physical & mental condition at time of surgery as well as type & extent of surgery. Complications or their absence plays a role. Minimally invasive surgery v open surgery makes a difference as does the case if a revision surgery or if it includes a fusion v decompression. The approach of the surgery through the abdomen, chest, back or combination factors in too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies : It varies a lot based upon the type of surgery you had. Some surgeries have very little recovery at all, even as low as a few days. Others, such as fusions, may take even up to 6 months to fully recover. If it gets beyond that, you may need some more testing to make sure nothing else is going on. ...Read more
Depend: The recovery from spinal surgery depend on the nature of the operation. For discectomy, traditional open vs micro discectomy/microendoscopic (miss) , miss is shorter. Most patient return to full activity within 6 weeks. With a fusion procedure, recovery depend on number of levels involved and how vigorous the rehab program you actively participat in. It may vary anywhere from 12 wks to many month. ...Read more
Depends: This depends on how long & severe the compression was as well as the underlying "health" of the nerve-the age of the person, is diabetes involved, a vitamin deficiency, a prior injury or surgery to that nerve, toxic exposure- all play role in prognosis or ability of the nerve to "heal" over time. For most, pain is usually alleviated once nerve is decompressed, but neurologic recovery is variable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to work out after delivering a baby?
- How long should i wait to work out after a knee injury?
- How long should you wait to have sex after back surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i wait to go back to work after pneumonia?
- How long should i wait after my bypass surgery before taking a long plane trip?
- How long should i wait after acl reconstruction surgery before i play again?
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free