Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Wait To Go Back To Work After Pneumonia
I was diagnosed with pneumonia and strep on Monday, I'm still feeling the same, but the fever isn't constant now. When am I able to go back to work?
I was recently dx with bronchitis & pneumonia. Fever free for more than 24 hrs, but I still have a productive cough. Is it okay to go back to work?
Depends: There is No definitive correct answer here, but your Treating provider would be able to best answer that question. Depending on the time and onset of your symptoms, how many days treatment of antiBx you have had, etc all may play a role in a return to work date. If you work alone, you may be fine, but if you are around many others in a closed space, then a productive cough would be frowned upon. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on how bad it was, and what kind of work you do. Usually 1-2 weeks is needed to make sure you are not contagious, and have healed adequately. Pneumonia is serious and potentially deadly, so follow doctors instructions and make sure you have follow up xray to confirm it is completely clear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Although I'm feeling better from my antibiotic meds for pneumonia I am still coughing and have a sore throat and not feeling strong enough for work. Been on meds for 4 1/2 days. When do I go ahead and push myself to get back to work?
As a health care aide how long should instay off work with pnemonia have bad cough with back and chest pain?
Have pnemonia am a health care aid have stabbing pain in chest and back when coughing only been two days when should I return to work?
Pneumonia: This is highly variable and depends upon the cause of the pneumonia, degree of illness sustained, the efficacy of treatment, the response both in reduction of fever, diminished breathing disturbances and other factors. If the patient has improved, is feeling generally well, they can go back to work whenever they feel well enough to do so. ...Read more
Forever: Ideally this is the perfect time to quit. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to go back to work after a colonoscopy?
- How long should i wait to go back to work after a shoulder reconstruction?
- How long after having pneumonia should i wait to get the pneumonia vaccine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i wait to work out after a knee injury?
- How long should i wait to return to work after a laparoscopy for endometriosis?
- How long should i wait to return to work after a fever?
- How long before i can go back to work after treatment?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free