Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Wait To Eat Sushi After Food Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Diarrhea subsides: Stay on clear liquids until the diarrhea subsides. It is important to avoid dehydation so liquids are a must. After the diarrhea stops, go back slowly over a 24 hour time span using toast, fruits.Avoid vegetables, nuts and legumes for a few days after food poisoning since their high-fiber content makes them difficult to digest, and they can cause gas. Spicy foods and sauces can also aggravate. ...Read more
How long should one stay on the BRAT diet after food poisoning? When can one return to a normal diet?
Depends: There are many different causes of food poisoning, e.g., chemicals, bacterial toxins, live micro-organisms etc. However, once the poisoning has abated, it is okay to take a healthy diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils; and low in saturated fats. ...Read more
Might stir things up: Start w clear liquid like water, slightly flattened soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip, sip, sip. Work up to solids w bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy & high fat foods. Rest. ...Read more
How long after eating possibly contaminated food would one suffer the symptoms of food poisoning?
2-6 hours for staph: Food poisoning is caused by eating contaminated food. Infectious organisms, including various bacteria, viruses and parasites, or their toxins are the causes of food poisoning. When you develop symptoms depends on the exact cause of the food poisoning. One of the common causes of food poisoning is due to toxins produced by bacteria staph aureus especially if food is kept at room temperature. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should you wait to eat after food poisoning?
- How many days after food poisoning can i eat sushi?
- How long should i wait to eat after a tooth extraction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should you wait to eat after taking levothyroxine?
- How long should i wait to lift weights after eating?
- How long should i wait to work out after delivering a baby?
- How long should i wait to exercise after quitting smoking?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free