Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Wait To Apply Cosmetics After Getting Pink Eye
Cosmetics is a topic that includes the appearance-enhancing techniques that beauticians do, plus the medical equipment (such as lasers) and procedures available for decreasing or removing skin discolorations, minor birthmarks, freckles, wrinkles, tattoos, age spots, scars, body ...Read more
Till it's over: Your doctor should instruct you to stop wearing your contact lenses until your pink eye has completely resolved. Whether viral or bacterial, the critters causing your pink eye can survive on your contacts and reinfect you. Better yet, throw out that pair and start a fresh pair after your pink eye has resolved. But don't start wearing contact lenses again until after your pink eye has resolved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
As fast as a cold: "pink eye" generally describes an eye infection caused by the common cold virus. It is the same disease, just infecting a different part of the body. Similarly to the common cold, it is contagious, and typically starts within hours to a few days after contact with an infected person. Once the virus takes hold on the eye, it can last between 7-14 days, or longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Quickly: Most viral types within 3-5 days of exposure. Bacterial usually in 1-2 days. ...Read more
See below: A miminum of 24 hours after all symptoms have abated. ...Read more
How long do I have to wait after pink eye seems cleared up before i can wear contacts? Can i wear them as soon as i don't have any more itchiness from the pink eye, or do I need to wait longer?
Once : Once all symptoms of conjunctivits (pink eye) are clear, contact lens wear can usually be resumed. Old contacts, contact lens case, and solution should be discarded to minimize risk of re-infection. Redness, pain, blurred vision, watery or mucous discharge are common symptoms of pink eye. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait after getting my tongue pierced to drink alcohol?
- How long should i wait to wear contacts with pink eye?
- How long after having pneumonia should i wait to get the pneumonia vaccine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i wait to get pregnant after a miscarriage?
- How long should i wait to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
- How long should i wait to get pregnant after my period?
- How long should you wait before using new makeup after pink eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free